At a high level, all apps follow the same basic authorization pattern: During development, register the application in the Google API Console. When the app launches, request that the user grant. Jan 18, 2013 On your Mac, launch Mail.app Go to the Mail menu and select Preferences Select the Accounts tab from the toolbar and click on the “ + ” icon in the bottom-left corner of the window Enter your Name, Google Apps email address (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password, click Continue.
- Configure App Password For Outlook
- Configure Mac Mail For Google Apps Free
- Windows Live Mail Configure Email
- Configure Mac Mail For Google Apps Chrome
- Configure Mac Mail For Google Apps Windows 7
You must have heard about setting up 2-step verification for Google Apps mail to protect your Google Apps account better from hackers. As only you can get the verification code via your mobile phone, your accounts will be more secured with the 2-layer protection. However, after setting up the 2-step verification, many people using email clients such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird couldn’t receive emails from their accounts anymore. What’s the problem and is it necessary to set it up for these email clients?
Yes, using email clients to receive emails is essential for us. It does not only give you access to your email anytime even without network connection but also protect your important information better. If you read the news yesterday, maybe you know that a Google bug reset about 150,000 Gmail accounts and then all of their emails, attachments and Google Chat logs disappeared. If you set up an email client to work with Google Apps mail, you will still get your important emails and contacts in your computer and nothing will be affected. You can try the Google Apps Sync plug-in for Microsoft Outlook but it is only available for Google Apps for Business now. Therefore, in this post, I will present an alternate way to configure Microsoft Outlook for Google Apps with 2-step verification.
Read also: Get Free Google Apps Mail for single user.
Step 1: Create application-specific password
If you have already used Outlook, you will not be able to receive emails after enabling the 2-step verification feature. That is because you added 1 more password layer and Outlook or other email clients can’t ask for verification codes now. So, to make it work properly, you will need to create an application-specific password and use it in place of your normal password.
- Go to Google App passwords in your Google account settings to generate your password.
- Keep the window open or save it somewhere because it will not be displayed again.
Step 2: Configure Google Apps Mail
- Go to your Google Apps mail account — Mail Settings — Forwarding and POP/IMAP and then choose the Enable POP for all mail option as shown below.
- Save the setting before leaving.
Step 3: Configure Microsoft Outlook
- In the Outlook program, go to Tools — Account Settings and click on New to create a new email account.
- In the next window that requires to choose Email service, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and click Next.
- Select the checkbox “Manually Configure Server Settings or additional Server types” in the Auto Account Setup window.
- Choose Email Service: select the Internet E-mail and click Next.
- In the Internet E-mail Settings, fill in information like below, remember to enter the password field with the verification code generated above.
- Click on More Settings button, go to Outgoing Server tab and check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Now go to Advanced tab and select the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming Server (POP3). Set the Incoming Server (POP3) port number as 995 and the Outgoing Server (SMTP) port number as 587. Use TLS as the Encrypted Connection.
- Click OK and Test Account Settings. It should work properly now.
If you have any problem setting up Outlook for Google Apps, leave a comment below.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
Outlook for Mac
- Direct sync to Google Contacts, Calendar, Tasks
- Outlook for Mac 2011, 2016, 2019, Microsoft Office 365
- Works great with OS X Big Sur
- USB and Wi-Fi sync to Android
- DejaCloud Connection
Configure App Password For Outlook
- Contacts — Mac Address Book
- Calendar — Mac iCal
- Tasks — Apple Reminders
- Notes — Apple Notes
- USB and Wi-Fi sync to Android
- DejaCloud Connection
How our sync works
CompanionLink for Mac keeps Outlook for Mac contacts, calendars, tasks, and categories synchronized with either a Google account, smartphone, or tablet. You can choose your destination in the Settings menu of the software.
Outlook for Mac sync with Google
Set up two-way sync between your Google account and Outlook for Mac. Simply add your Google credentials to our CompanionLink for Mac app. Our cloud service runs in the background. Changes in Google or on your Mac will automatically sync. Here’s a setup guide. Here’s a video.
Configure Mac Mail For Google Apps Free
Outlook for Mac sync with phones and tablets
Direct sync with mobile devices bypasses cloud services like Google. Simply select the type of device you have from the Settings menu. You will be asked to download our DejaOffice mobile app to your device. DejaOffice stores Outlook data on your device. Your information is never sent to Google unless you choose to allow this by integrating with the device’s built-in Contacts and Calendar apps. DejaOffice is a robust app that will hold key Outlook fields for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Categories. Here is an Android setup guide. Here is an iOS setup guide.
Michael was Fantastic! love Companion Link!
on Jan 26, 2021
Windows Live Mail Configure Email
Michael helped me sync OUTLOOK and Google calendars and contacts perfectly. I had challenges in the past and he repaired issues and got it up and running flawlessly!
Superb support experience
on Dec 23, 2020
I just finished a support call with Michael, who provided an excellent experience for me. I am a long-time customer of CompanionLink and really value the product, but when I upgraded a couple of years ago I (foolishly) changed some settings and ended up not syncing my Contacts properly. It was quite messy because I had new contacts in several different accounts and couldn’t figure out how to resolve this.
Michael patiently and skillfully walked me through all of the steps to make sure all of the new items were captured, and then clean up duplicates in Outlook, delete the old data in Android and then re-sync nice fresh and clean data. Along the way he was kind enough to teach me what I needed to know about how the software functions.
I am very grateful and now have this huge weight lifted off of my shoulders in time for the holidays!
I regularly recommend CompanionLink to friends and business associates, but until now had not had the opportunity (and pleasure) of using support help.
Thank you Michael… you rock!!
Configure Mac Mail For Google Apps Chrome
Exemplary Customer Servie
Configure Mac Mail For Google Apps Windows 7
on Nov 12, 2020
Just worked through a session with Michael with multiple issues with syncs and duplicate entries. It’s been a while since I have had someone so patient and wanting to be sure that I got the issue resolved. I had two previous calls with technicians that had not fully resolved the issue so to have this complete, I am very happy and satisfied. Thanks, Michael!